Wednesday 13 February 2013

My Little Bag of Love...

With Valentines Day fast approaching, the shops are overloaded with all things red, heart shaped and chocolate. I couldn't help myself as I browsed through the beautiful display in my local M&S, I was completely sucked in as I treated myself to a little bag of love.

There was no way I was walking past those heart shaped chocolates wrapped in shiny pink foil because they were described so beautifully and were more than pleasing to the eye, I felt giddy.

Thousands of people out there hate Valentine's Day and everything associated with it, lots of overpriced flowers and chocolates, it makes people feel depressed and isolated but it really doesn't have to be like that.

We don't normally make a fuss on Valentines Day in our house but I do admit to sending Valentine's cards to my children, disguised always as their secret admirer. My teenager now rolls her eyes at me but plays along and my 7 year will really believe that he has a secret admirer out there somewhere!

By tradition, a young girl was supposed to eventually marry the first eligible male she met on St Valentine's Day. Luckily for me I never did marry the toothless farmer that lived down the road from us!

Whether you love it or hate it, the truth is there is a hopeless romantic in all of us somewhere, you just might have to dig deep to find it.

So this week, let's celebrate Valentine's Day with our family, friends, and anyone who has made a difference to our lives, it doesn't have to cost the earth - it could simply be sharing that little bag of love, having a nice hot cup of tea or coffee and a cupcake together after a long day or watching a film with your family - go on you know you want to!!






No comments:

Post a Comment