Friday 26 April 2013

Photo of the Week

Last weekend myself and my husband Mr P were in Dublin, you can see that I've bombarded my blog about it all week.

 I can't believe it's the weekend again - this week has gone in so fast.

There are so many wonderful photo opportunities everywhere in Dublin and it's only since I started my blog that I have really got into taking photos.

I know they aren't brilliant most of the time but I'm getting better - shaky hand and all!

This is a photo of the Dublin Spire, also known as the Monument of Light.

I have to admit I never took much notice of it before but like I say I am seeing things differently since I got my camera out.

I saw a photo of it in a shop taken at a similar angle so I thought I would give it a try as well and I'm really pleased with the result.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

I'm linking up with Louise from Team Lloyd for Photo of the Week, please visit her site from here and check out the other fabulous Photo's of the Week.




14 comments:

  1. I very much like the tones of your picture :)
    We spent a week end in Dublin ages ago but all I remember is having been very cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you yes it normally is a bit bleak weather wise but we had lovely weather last weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowser great angle. Looks like it goes on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like its never ending, thank you for popping over hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you've taken this, beautifully highlighted by that deep blue sky! Know what you mean about seeing things differently, and photo ops everywhere...can't stop snapping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey, it's kinda addictive isn't it, even the baby recognises the camera now!

      Delete
  6. It's amazing how differently you start to see things with a camera in hand isn't it? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It definitely is, been taking lots of photos this past few weeks, such a great hobby - thanks for popping over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of lovely reflections going on there! Dublin's great isn't it? I haven't been for so many years...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh Dublin - lovely, I have only ever been the once and I all I remember really is drinking guinness (I was so much younger!!!) - but you are right suddenly taking a camera with you everywhere becomes a photo opportunity!

    I love the angle you have taken this, and it is so much more striking because of the gorgeous blue sky! Thank you for joining in with Photo of The Week :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, I had my first Guinness and it was actually very nice, I've only ever seen old men drink it around here:)

      Delete
  10. Amazing sky! I've never been to Dublin but it's on my list of places to go.

    ReplyDelete